I really do. Work on the new Ascgen took a break, but I’ve started up again and I’ll try and keep this updated.
- Inherited version of the PictureBox class, adding brightness, contrast, interpolation mode, load, and some other things that Microsoft should have put in before they ever released it. (Nearly complete)
- FXCop compliance. (Almost)
- Porting over the original conversion code
- Working out an accurate way to get the dimensions of a character when displayed in a font. 😐
Answers to common questions:
- Versions for other operating systems will hopefully be available through the Mono project
- Colour pictures would require a totally different approach, and probably won’t be added. With the pictures the Ascgen produces each character represents a different gray colour without needing any extra processing. For colour images, each character is set to a colour with html/rtf/etc and the character itself is irrelevant.
- This will probably go open source when it’s at a stable working build. Until then, please don’t ask for the code.
😕 I’ll think of more later…